- Company Financials:
- External links
- Angel Broking explains what is an IPO
- Affle (India) Limited IPO (Affle IPO) Detail
- Angel Broking receives Sebi nod for Rs 600 crore IPO
- Mainline IPOs in 2020
- Angel broking limited ipo
- Full Service Brokers
- New offer versus Follow-on offer versus Offer-for-sale
- How to Apply For an IPO
Angel Broking is an Indian stockbrokerage firm established in 1987. The company is a member of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE),National Stock Exchange of India (NSE), National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited (NCDEX) and Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited (MCX). It is a depository participant with Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL). The company has 8500+ sub-brokers and franchisee outlets in more than 900 cities across India.
The company financial services Their services include online stock broking,depository services,commodity trading and investment advisory services.
Wealth management solutions such as personal loans and insurance are also delivered by this company. In 2006, the company started its Portfolio Management Services (PMS), IPOs business and Mutual Funds Distribution (MFD) arm. The company publishes research reports on areas related to investment broking.
Angel Broking offers products such as Angel Eye, Angel BEE mutual fund app, Angel SpeedPro, Angel Trade and Angel Swift for online trading.
Angel Eye is a browser trading application; SpeedPro is a trading platform application; Angel Trade offers an online trading platform for share investors, while Swift consists of a trading app for small devices.
Angel broking app has been incorporated with a machine learning technology called ARQ, that keys in up to a billion data points and uses advanced nature-based algorithms, quantitative analysis and the Nobel-prize winning Modern Portfolio Theory  to enable personalized investment advice to help users get better returns on their investments.
ARQ is based on a model whose performance has been optimized to provide recommendations with high outperformance and strike rates. The model has been tested using scientific back-testing and has also been validated based on its track record.
Entrepreneur Dinesh Thakkar started his business in 1987 with a capital of Five Lakhs Indian Rupees and lost half of the money within eight months.
In 1989, he started off again as a sub-broker. Later, Angel Broking was incorporated as a wealth management, retail and corporate broking firm in December, 1997. In November 1998, Angel Capital and Debt Market Ltd. gained membership of National Stock Exchange as a legal entity. The company opened its commodity broking Division in April, 2004. In November 2007, Birla Sun Life Insurance joined hands with Angel Broking for distribution of its insurance products.[clarification needed] In 2007 the World Bank arm International Finance Corporation bought 18% stake in Angel Broking. In January 2013, a probe found the company and two other entities involved in fraudulent and unfair trade practices in transactions of shares of Sun Infoways during Feb-May 2001.
As a result, SEBI restrained from taking new clients for a period of two weeks. Angel filed an appeal against the SEBI order which was dismissed by the Securities appellate tribunal. Recently Angel Broking has filed for an IPO with SEBI for an amount of Rs 600 crore. This offer includes issuance of new shares worth Rs 300 crore and stake sale by promoters and IFC selling Rs 120 crore worth of stake.
- 2009 - 'Broking House with Largest Distribution Network' Award and 'Best Retail Broking House' Award at BSE IPF-D&B Equity Broking Awards
- 2012 - BSE IPF-D&B Equity Broking Award for ‘Best Retail Broking House’
- 2012-13 - Among BSE Top 10 Performers in Equity Segment (Retail Trading) FY 2012-13
- 2013 - BSE-IPF D&B Equity Broking Award for ‘Broking House with Largest Distribution Network’
- 2013 - BSE-IPF D&B Equity Broking Award for 'Best Retail Equity Broking House'
- 2013-14 - Awarded ‘Top Three Clients Traded Members in Equity’ by the BSE
- 2014 - BSE-IPF D&B Equity Broking Award for ‘Broking House with Largest Distribution Network’
- 2014 - Global Marketing Excellence Award for 'Best Mobile trading application'
- 2017 - MCX Commodity broker of the year award
- ^"Angel Broking".
VCCircle - Biz Circle Company Search Service.
- ^"List of Members - Derivatives". BSE India. p. Clearing No. 612.
Angel Broking explains what is an IPO
Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^"Angel Broking". Bloomberg. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^"List of CDSL DP's".
Central Depository Services (India) Limited. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^Srinivasan, Karthik; Shivakumar, L. (2012). "Angel Broking Profile"(PDF). www.icra.in. ICRA Ltd. Archived from the original(PDF) on 4 March 2016.
Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^"Background"(PDF). Dun & Bradstreet India. Retrieved 27 April 2015.[permanent dead link]
- ^"IIMs on Board with Angel Broking".
Affle (India) Limited IPO (Affle IPO) Detail
moneycontrol.com. 12 March 2008.
- ^"SEBI REGISTERED DEPOSITORY PARTICIPANTS OF CDSL AS ON 31-08-2011"(PDF).
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). SEBI.
Angel Broking receives Sebi nod for Rs 600 crore IPO
p. 1 Sr. No. 34. Archived from the original(PDF) on 29 December 2009. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^Trivedi, Nishith (18 April 2008).
Mainline IPOs in 2020
"Angel Broking to foray into NBFC biz". Business Standard.
- ^"Broking - India's Leading BFSI Companies 2011"(PDF). India: D&B Business Insight Series.
2011: 98. Archived from the original(PDF) on 4 March 2016.
Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^"Angel Broking launches AI-based BEEChat". Times of India.
- ^"Angel Swift for Smartphones".
- ^"Angel SpeedPro". software.informer.
- ^"Angel Trade's Trading Platforms". Chittorgarh.
- ^"Angel Broking launches 'We for you' campaign". Afaqs. 15 November 2012.
- ^"Angel Broking Brokerage Charges". Indian Stock Brokers. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^"Angel Broking's machine learning engine is like having Iron Man's Jarvis by your side".
- ^"Angel Broking experts explain how investment engine 'ARQ' works". Money Control.
- ^Ghosh, Ahona; Gupta, Apurv (16 October 2012). "Dinesh Thakkar's Angel Broking expands while other brokerages downsize". Economic Times Website.
- ^Sood, Parina (7 November 2014).
"Manage money, make money". Franchise India.
- ^Study Of Best Practices In The Bfsi Sector For Marketing, Branding & Communications Plan. Sanjay Gupta. p. 53. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^"Angel Broking Limited- Background"(PDF). Dun & Bradstreet. Dun & Bradstreet.[permanent dead link]
- ^"Birla Sun Life enters into alliance with Angel Broking".
Economics Times. Press Trust of India (PTI). 26 November 2007.
- ^"IFC Buys 18% In Angel Broking For Rs 152 Cr; Goldman, Macquarie In Deal With PFS".
VCCircle. 23 November 2007.
Archived from the original on 8 June 2009. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- ^"Sebi restrains Angel Broking, other stock brokers for two weeks". The Economic Times. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- ^"Sebi restrains Angel Broking, other stock brokers for two weeks".
Angel broking limited ipo
The Economic Times. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- ^Bureau, Our. "Tribunal upholds SEBI order against Angel Broking".
Full Service Brokers
@businessline. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- ^"Angel Broking files for Rs 600 crore IPO with Sebi". The Economic Times. 5 September 2018. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- ^Press Trust of India (28 May 2009). "Angel Broking to raise Rs 300 cr from PE firms". Business Standard.
New offer versus Follow-on offer versus Offer-for-sale
- ^"Angel Broking wins Best Retail Broking House Award for the 3rd time".
Commodity Online. 9 October 2012.
- ^"Top 10 Performers in Equity Segment (Retail Tading) FY 2012-13". BSE India. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^"Zee Business Organises Financial Markets Conclave 2010". India DTH Blog.
- ^"Angel Broking awarded as the Best Retail Equity Broking House at the "BSE-IPF D&B Equity Broking Award 2013"". Indian News & Times.
How to Apply For an IPO
Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^"Top 10 performer in Equity Segment (Retail) 2013 - 2014". Indiainfoline. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^"Award Winners 2014". Dun & Bradstreet.
Archived from the original on 13 April 2015. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- ^"Angel Broking App Gets The 'Best Mobile Trading Application Award' at Global Marketing Excellence Awards". www.businesswireindia.com. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- ^"Angel Broking bags prestigious 'Commodity Broker of the Year Award'". EquityBulls. 20 May 2017. Retrieved 28 March 2019.