About Manx Telecom:
- Manx Telecom is the leading communication solutions provider on the Isle of Man.
- Our operations touch the lives of almost every individual and business on the Island.
- MT core market statistics - circa 37,000 households and circa 4,000 businesses
- In every area of our business, we offer class-leading technology, delivered with a passion and a painstaking dedication to our customers’ best interests.
- We are owned by Basalt Infrastructure Partners II LP (Basalt), a long-term infrastructure investment firm with a strong track record of investing in strategic infrastructure assets.
The acquisition took place in May 2019. For more info about Basalt, please click here.
- Manx Telecom had successfully floated on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange under the ticker MANX in 2014. We ceased trading on 10th May 2019.
- In May 2019, Manx Telecom acquired Synapse360, an IT infrastructure and managed services provider which operates in both the Isle of Man and the UK.
IPO 101. What is an IPO Prospectus? What is in an IPO Prospectus? Initial Public Offering Example
Together we enhance the choice available to Island-based customers, and also further boost the Island’s reputation as a centre of excellence for IT, telecoms and Cloud-based services, making it even more attractive to inward investors.
The Manx Telecom group of companies includes:
- Vannin Ventures - Manx Telecom’s international platform for growth, supporting businesses and consumers world-wide with carefully targeted and equally innovative telecoms-technology solutions.
- Global Solutions – with connectivity into over 600 mobile networks, our Global Solutions business centres on “Smart SIM” solutions which offer users the ability to roam across multiple networks on a single SIM, intelligently seeking out the best signal and the most commercially attractive network.
Our “Chameleon” service has successfully offered best-in-class mobile coverage for lone working and emergency services for many years.
- Partitionware - serves over 100 telecoms operators to provide technology tools and enable new intellectual property to enable disruptive innovation in the telecoms market.
- Goshawk - a company with patented technology targeting phone users suffering hearing loss with an improved service.
The service successfully launched as MT clearSound on the Isle of Man in September 2018, and will launch in the UK in the Summer of 2019 as an exciting new Mobile Virtual Network Operator proposition branded “Audacious.
- In partnership with the Isle of Man Government, we play a pivotal role in making the Island a global centre of excellence for eBusiness in all its forms.
- In our local market, we offer a full range of fixed line, mobile, broadband, data, hosting, and managed services, to consumers, businesses, and the public sector.
- In global markets, we provide world class connectivity and data hosting services.
We also have a growing portfolio of international “smart SIM” solutions, including Connection Critical Mobile, Machine-to-Machine (M2M), International Mobile Virtual Network Enabler (MVNE), and Global Messaging products and services.
These are marketed under the Manx Telecom brand, and via channel partners.
- We have a long tradition of pioneering new technologies and bringing innovative new products and services to the Isle Man, and to the customers we serve.
- All our products and services are underpinned by a commitment to the most demanding accreditations, and are delivered to the highest service standards.
- We are one of the largest employers on the Island, employing over 300 people.
- We play a major role in the wider community through an innovative range of activities, including charitable donations, sponsorships, and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- We operate from a unique and beautiful Island whose particular mix of legislative, regulatory, and lifestyle attractions make a special place in which to live, work, and do business.
We play our part in that mix by driving forward the Island’s communications infrastructure, ensuring that the Isle of Man possesses the telecoms and related technology necessary for a prosperous 21st century economy, and a thriving community.
- Our growth has been underpinned – and is fuelled – by a commitment to sustained investment in both technology and people.
- Manx Telecom has led the way to deliver significant investment in the Isle of Man’s telecoms infrastructure - £110m+ has been invested in the last 12 years, the company owns all the Island’s copper network and the vast majority of the Island’s growing fibre network.
- State-of-the-art 1Gbps Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) broadband for consumer and business customers is already available to over 10% of premises on the Island and is expected to increase to 23% by the end of 2019.
- Manx Telecom has a record of Island-wide investment and being first to market with new technology.
In September 2018 we launched MT clearSound, a global first in mobile phone technology. MT clearSound automatically adjusts the volume and frequency of every call, making telephone calls clearer and easier to hear for people who have hearing loss, helping them to be fully part of the conversation.
- We are now licensing the MT clearSound technology to enable operators to enhance call quality for everyone and to serve the needs of customers with hearing loss.
- In the summer of 2019 this inspiring technology will be made available in the UK, branded as ‘Audacious’, via a Mobile Virtual Network Operator on the BT/EE platform.
- Manx Telecom provides a high quality 4G mobile service on the Island with 99% population coverage.
- The company’s superfast fibre broadband service (Ultima) is available to 93% of homes on the Island.
Ultrafast fibre broadband (Ultima Plus) is available to 73% of homes.
- The company has three data centres (two of which are Tier 3 designed) plus international connectivity, and its operations are business-critical to the economic strategy of the Isle of Man.
- The company is proud to sponsor the Manx Telecom Parish Walk, Royal Manx Agricultural Show, Love Tech, Beach Buddies, Promenade Relay, Team Manx (Manx Road Club) and the Southern 100 Motorcycle Club.
In addition to sponsoring other smaller events, Manx Telecom also donates annually to local causes through the company’s “It’s Our Community” and “Giving Back” schemes.